Translate

jueves, 7 de marzo de 2013

As The Days Go By

By Juan Ibanez

"Having died, doesn´t mean that you have lived”
-Stanislaw J. Lec
           
Some days are just simply everyday life, days in which time passes slowly and seem obnoxious. Days in which morning hours promise routine, days in which the sun cannot penetrate our own smog, days in which we age and forget.

However there are also extraordinary days, days that leave us marked forever, days we will always remember, days that fill us with happiness, days that make us sad, days that seem like an instant, days in which we feel everything revolves around us, days in which we love profoundly, days when we can laugh until we cry, days when we feel like superheroes, those days that never die.

I have forgotten every single day I have taken the bus, but I shall never forget the day I got mugged. I have forgotten hundreds of conversations with my grandfather, but I shall never forget his last farewell. I have forgotten all the times I have had to go to a hospital, but I shall never forget the day my sisters were born. I have forgotten the day I was born, but I shall never forget the love of my parents.


We must strive to transform each ordinary moment into an extraordinary one and maybe those extraordinary moments will become ordinary. We must try to live those moments so they last a life time, lives that are worth every moment.

We only have this life, and the days pass…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario